Uncle Rick was so different. Yeah, we still watched movies when I stayed over night there, but we also had adventures! I remember one night we were watching a movie, my cousin Sondra and I in PJs, and when the movie ended just before 10pm (already past my bedtime), Uncle Rick said, "Let's go get ice cream!" In my pajamas??? This late??? Yes, my uncle, aunt, cousin and I immediately piled in the car, and went out for ice cream. Uncle Rick didn't care about little things like that. He cared about spending time with us and having fun. He did these things all the time. Treated me like I was his as much as his own kids. I miss him so much. I can't believe it's been 11 years.
This is him playing with the toys his family gave me one Christmas in the 80's. I'm pretty sure that's my dad's shoe down in the corner....
No comments:
Post a Comment