Wednesday, November 17, 2010

30 Things about Me

1. I want to live in Costa Rica, working at an orphanage for teenagers that does not yet exist.

2. I love being a friend/mentor to teens. I don’t want to teach them formally.

3. I have a really hard time thinking of random things about myself.

4. I like turtles (and saying so makes me think of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y)

5. My favorite colors are green and purple.

6. I want to travel the world more than almost anything.

7. I like Almond Milk Tea with Boba… a lot. And I miss it. And toast. :)

8. My life has changed a lot in the last 3 years.

9. I actually miss my college days.

10. I have a few amazing Friends that I would do anything for.

11. I love city life and being able to walk to the store/work/church.

12. I also love the country and being able to just enjoy the scenery and the night sky lit up by stars.

13. I am allergic to the desert that I live in.

14.I want to move far far away, but don’t want to leave people behind for fear that I will lose them.

15. I love to play my guitar and wish I still had somewhere to play.

16. The only thing I can play on guitar is worship music.

17. I don’t care about famous people’s names, unless I really like them. Authors, composers, actors… unless they are suuuuuper famous, or are a favorite of mine, I may know their face, but probably won’t remember their name. It just isn’t important enough.

18. I wish that last fact wasn’t true. It actually really bugs me sometimes.

19. I quite enjoy going to the beach, only because it is a beautiful place. I do not enjoy being in the ocean.

20. I love to swim, if I can see through the water.

21. I love Washington State. I think it is beautiful and while I adore sunshine and nice weather, I love rainy days and green growing things all around.

22. I reeeeally would like to go to Ireland. And Italy.

23. I try my best to live a life without regrets, but occasionally, one gets by and sticks around.

24. I really do love turtles. I know I said it before, but I think it warrants another mention. Sea turtles are my favorite.

25. I am supposed to write 5 more things, but don’t think I can handle writing “I” that many more times.

26. The book Crazy Love by Francis Chan is mind-blowing and heart-changing.

27. Ted Dekker wrote an amazing series called The Circle trilogy.

28. Photography is a wondrous pastime.

29. “If you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything at all” is a motto that more people in this world should follow.

30. Trying to tell about oneself without using any first person pronouns is difficult even in just five sentences.

No comments: