I figure its time I start a real blog. Not really sure why, but eh, why not?
I found out this week that my father is even more intelligent and higher up in what he does for a living than I was aware.
People have often commented that my parents are rich because of where we have lived or what my dad does for a living. I've always found this interesting because while he should get paid very well for what he does, he is not interested in money, so he figures he has enough, why ask for more? I learned something interesting yesterday that emphasizes this while situation even more. My dad was requested by government officials to go to the Pentagon at the end of January to inform them how to make the regulations that will be implemented for all government airplanes in the future. They told my dad's boss that they consider him to be the number one expert in the country on EMT Testing, basically making sure airplanes are safe to fly and various other tests that he generally can't talk about. The craziest part about it all, is that he is self-taught. No one told him how these tests worked or anything, he just studied it and learned it.
It amazes me that such an ordinary guy could be looked at so highly by the Pentagon. He makes enough money to survive and be happy, but despite what everyone around me seems to believe, he does not make enough to pay for my college expenses like most parents of kids at a private christian colleges do. Why not? Because he is happy with what he has and sees no reason to ask for more. It has caused me to learn a work ethic that many of my friends in college lacked, so I can appreciate it in a way I hadn't imagined. My dad doesn't come off as a guy who would be that way, but I guess he is. Just interesting to me.
I know this was mostly about my dad, but oh well, some day I'll have something to say about myself I suppose. lol.
2 comments:
Maybe he's not all bad after all.
;-P
I think you should write about trips to strange people's houses and being held captive.
like whose? Yours??? ;)
Post a Comment