A pastor called me today from Rancho Cucamunga, saying they just finished their new (HUGE) facilities and now want to expand their staff. He saw my resume on churchstaffing.com and really liked it, so he wants to talk more about me being support staff to the Children's Pastor.. mainly working with early elementary kids.
I looked at the website. Their new auditorium seats 3500 to 4000 people and they have 3 weekend services every week. That is Huge! But a support staff position in that situation wouldn't be bad. The only thing I have any concern about is that their belief in tongues... I'm not against tongues as long as interpretation and all follows biblical guidelines, but I have personally never experienced it, so I don't know what to think about the way they state it. I'm sure that will come up when we talk more, so we'll see.
I had forgotten the resume was even there. I haven't even thought about applying to another church since I moved, mainly because I wasn't sure that's where God wanted me. My judgment in the matter has been so clouded, by myself and my desires, and by my friends and what they think I should do with my life. The part that is hardest for me is that had I gone to a less expensive school, with better social work or child psychology programs, I would have been in them and no where near a church. But that's not how it worked. God is leading me somewhere, I know, but it is very confusing to me which way that is. I know I am growing through it all, but it is still hard.
Lots there, but you can be praying for it all. I'd appreciate it. If you want to check out the church here's the web address: www.alfconline.com
No comments:
Post a Comment