Saturday, January 19, 2008

Carpet or Suit?

So today my dad says he's going to Sears to get a new suit or suit jacket for his trip to the pentagon this week because his is now too big. I say, why not Burlington Coat Factory? My parents forgot we had one now. So we go over there suit shopping for my dad. (I went to try to help his lack of fashion) That's where this story begins.

So we're there, looking at suits. My dad is only looking at jackets. The two he liked were corduroy and uh... this one that looks like a brown and gray carpet, but mellow. Hard to describe.. so take a look.

So I keep trying and trying different NICE looking suits... and he kept saying no. Finally found some separates he could get, not too expensive (ended up the same price as the carpet lookin jacket my mom said was more appropriate than corduroy)... And I succeeded in getting him to buy a dark charcoal suit! Pretty good huh? So then my mom and I were looking at the shirt/tie packs and saw a nice gray one with a purplish tie that would look great!

We show my dad and he says, "I'm not taking that suit with me this week anyway."

WHAT THE HECK??? He's taking the carpet jacket with who knows what pants... and leaving the NICE NEW SUIT BEHIND!!! But he's still getting it incase he needs a suit for something else in the future...


Is there any time MORE APPROPRIATE to war a NICE SUIT than a trip to the PENTAGON?????

I doubt that. My father is so stubborn!

No comments: