I hate when I have a friend, and it feels like they are better than me because of the way their life has gone. Its not that they think they are better than me (though that's even worse), just me feeling... not worthy to be their friend maybe? Its just weird.
I just got a message back from a friend, who basically travels the country for a living and is seen as a cool guy by profession. Its hard to even describe. I went to college, he didn't. I have a steady job teaching, he has a job that many do not see as one a responsible adult would have (mostly older people think that... but still), mainly because of a lack of steady income. But there is still this difference, no matter our friendship, that separates us in my head. Its just weird. I know I've said that several times.. just can't think of another way to explain it.
The good news is, I know he doesn't see it this way. Others might, but he would never. And that makes it okay. Just... weird.
No comments:
Post a Comment