Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sometimes I have a hard time caring. Well, that's not completely true, I always care, its just not always easy to act on it. A family member of mine wants to be my facebook friend. Seems like an easy choice, right? Wrong. She has continually taunted me about being the "perfect niece" or saying I should be perfect because I'm a Christian for many years. She has tried to get me to faulter with boys, name brand attitudes (telling my parents I must have name brand clothes, shoes, etc), and encouraging me to date random guys, whether they are my best friends that she just met or guys behind the counter at a fast food place since I was 10 years old. Is it bad that I don't want her on my facebook, knowing so much of my personal life , knowing there is a good chance she'll use it against me like always? I want to love her like Christ, but its so hard to take the crap when its family. I miss my uncle and I know he'd want me to love her and share my life with her, and love her.... I'm just afraid I'll loose my cool if holidays come and she says anything mean. It takes me back to the book I'm reading, Elyon, by Ted Dekker. Its the last of the Lost Books, and one character is told to love her enemy as Elyon loves him. I need to love my aunt like Christ does. No matter what.

No comments: