How is it that someone can be sharing a prayer request and someone else, knowing they are talking, just starts talking over? How is that showing love? I find this happening to me in different settings and it makes me crazy. It makes me not want to share because people don't care. I know that some people do care, but it is soooo discouraging when someone talks over you and changes the subject to themself.
Another thing I don't understand is sharing a "prayer request" that seems more like you are talking to hear your own voice than needing prayer. Telling a whole long story to explain that you have to have your sewage line replaced doesn't say "please pray for me" to me. It says, "I want to talk and I'm more important than you." (can you tell it was the same person as the one who cut me off?)
I needed to rant. I had to keep repeating in my head, "if you don't have something nice to say...." and "keep mouth shut" to not burst. Okay, done for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment